Friday, April 5, 2013

Barnes Reading Lesson Overview


       I will be working with a total of three students; Jack, Jill and Ryan. Based off of running records and Oral Reading Fluency assessments I have chosen Jack and Ryan to be my focus students for Fluency. Jack and Ryan were only able to read half of the sight words for second grade.  Based off of written reflections on after-reading questions I have chosen Jack again as well as Jill to work with me on reading factors and comprehension. Jack and Jill were only able to answer 80% of the explicit questions and 50% of the implicit questions that they were asked after reading a passage.

        From the Neufeld article entitled Comprehension instruction in content area classes I decided to use the During and After Reading Strategies where students are told to ask themselves questions such as “Did I understand that”, “What strategies could I use to remember what I read better”. These questions will get my students thinking about what they are reading and then learn some more strategies they can use such as asking themselves more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment