What I now know about Hank's literacy development is that he has been progressing throughout the school year. I learned that when he is reading, Hank studies the vocabulary and uses the words to help him comprehend the story. An area that Hank needs to work on is his prosody. He will be getting increased assistance from his teacher to help him work on that. Hank should be referencing his word wall and maintain it, by adding new words. As his parents, we can help him make one at home for when he is reading. Hank should continue his reading at home each night. Hank will be engaging in group reading, which will help him practice his reading with his peers and discuss what he is reading with them. Hank needs continued practice with decoding when he is reading. It was good to see that in the classroom Hank will be connecting reading and writing. By working on assignments that require Hank to write about what he read, it will help him with comprehension. Readers theater is going to help Hank with his fluency
As the parent I will ask the teacher what else I can do to help Hank practice different reading strategies. Is there more we can do at home to help him? Are there any specific materials that we should have to practice with him or anything that we should report back to the teacher? It was very helpful to hear positives and tasks that Hank needs to work on. The letter was well written and thorough.
No comments:
Post a Comment